Tuesday 9 February 2016

On the subject of making sense... (first posted 2nd December 2015)

Hello. Let me introduce myself, or rather, my alter-ego, Talentless Liar.  "What?" I hear you say, (assuming anyone is out there) "That’s a bit negative isn’t it?"  Well,  no.  Or yes and no, to be more accurate.  Does it mean I’m talentless and a liar?  Does it mean I’m merely bad at lying?  Does it mean I’m lying about being talented?
Well, I’ll leave that up to you to decide.  Just to help though, I’ll give you a few facts to help you arrive at an answer:
  • I am enchanted by quantum physics and theoretical mathematics, but struggle with simple addition.
  • I know nothing about Art, but I paint and draw pictures constantly.
  • My pictures are lauded for their detail and dismissed as photographs.
  • I crave friendship but destroy or fail to maintain my relationships.
  • I work to relax, progress to stay the same and pretend to be someone else in order to fit in.
  • I can lecture on technical matters to a crowded conference hall, but panic at the prospect of an informal gathering.
  • I can remember accurately a wide range of facts on a vast array of subjects, but I forget my husband’s birthday (and my own!)
  • I am famously unthinking and tactless, yet fiercely loyal and a champion of fairness.
  • I am a contradiction, yet the world makes less sense than I do.
  • I seek truth at all times and in all things but fear trusting others with the truth about myself.
  • People think me sad and pessimistic but I am am staggered by the beauty of a reflection in a puddle.
If you know about Asperger’s, then this will make perfect sense.  Read on.   If you don’t, it won’t make any sense.  Read on.

I will endeavour to write a little every week, some experiences, a little humour, some history, some pearls of wisdom from exceptional people I have met, some pictures and some interesting observations gleaned from my job in a busy UK Secondary (High) School… I hope it will make an interesting read, and if you learn a little about Asperger's too... then that won't be a bad thing either...



Strange weather... A rare UK Roll Cloud and the equally strange optical effects - there is interesting stuff out there  if you care to look...